Monday, May 14, 2012

Medical Tests & Investigations

Dear Friends,

Today I am posting a list of few Medical tests and Investigations.

Most of them are familiar to you all and might be using them in your daily clinical life. Among these some entries may become an addition to your medical knowledge and could be used in any of your inveterate cases. If so, then my endeavor will get rewarded.


TESTS/ INVESTIGATIONS
DISEASE/CONDITIONS
8 hr 4 cortisol test
Most specific, reliable & diagnostic test for Addison’s disease
ABC test
Perceptive deafness: examiner hears vibration; patient can’t hear.
Allen’s test
Patency of radicular & ulnar arteries
ANAC test
Wegner’s granulomatosis, vasculitic conditions
ASO titer
>200 todd unit: Rheumatic fever
Bald wings test
Retrocaecal appendicitis
Barium swallow
Dysphagia
Coomb’s test
Autoimmune haemolysis
CPK-MB
Most specific enzyme for detecting myocardial infarction
Cyanide nitroprusside test
Homocystinuria
Dick test
Scarlet fever

Ellsworth Howard test
To estimate parathyroid function; exaggerated response: hypoparathyroidism
Fairley’s test
Schistosomiasis
Fincham’s test
Differential diagnosis of coloured halos

Fluorescent treponemal antibody test (FTA)

Late congenital syphilis
Frenkel’s skin test
Toxoplasmosis
Frie’s test
Lymphogranuloma venereum
Genslen’s test, Gilles’s test, Trendelenburg test
Hip joint disease
Ginslin’s test
Test for bile pigments
Gordon’s biological test
Hodgkin’s disease
Guthrie’s test
For phenylketonuria
Hess test
Capillary fragility test
Hoesch test
For porphobilinogen in porphyries.
Ito test
Chancroid
Kveim test
Sarcoidosis
Lange’s test
To find proteins in CSF-inflammatory conditions of meninges.
Latex fixation test, Rose waler test
Rheumatoid arthritis
Lundh test
Pancreatic disease
Mitsuda test, Dharmendra test
Hansen’s disease
Montengero’s test or Leishmanian reaction
American cutaneous & musculocutaneous leishmaniasis
Napier’s aldehyde test
Chronic kala azar
Patch test
Contact dermatitis
Paul bunnel test
Infectious mononucleosis
Perthe’s test
Deep vein thrombosis
Quickenstedt’s test
Spinal cord compression
Radioimmunoassay of TSH
Primary hypothyroidism
RAST test
Atopic eczema
Rinne’s test
In disease of middle ear, bone conduction is better than air conduction. In nerve deafness both are lost
Rothera test & Gerhardt test
For ketone bodies in urine
Schick test, Elek’s test
Diphtheria
Schiller’s test
Carcinoma cervix
Schilling’s test
B12 deficiency
Schober’s test
Ankylosing spondylitis
Schumm’s test
Intravascular haemolysis
Schwartz Watson’s test
For porphobilinogen in porphyrias.
Shwartz test
Varicose veins
Skin scraping test
Fungal infections
Slit skin test
Leprosy
The bed shaking test
Early peritonitis
Thiazide test
For parathyroid function; hyperparathyroidism
Tobey Ayer test
Lateral sinus thrombosis
Two glass test
Urethritis
Tzanck test
Acantholysis- pemphigus
Valsalva test
To find autonomic dysfunction
VDRL, FTA, TPAH tests, Khan test, Wasserman test
Syphilis
Weber’s test
Sensorineural deafness: better heard by uninvolved ear; conduction deafness: better heard by involved ear
Weil-Felix reactions
Rickettsial infections
Western blot test
AIDS
Widal test
Typhoid
Zeil neilson method
Tuberculosis

(Source and courtesy : References from WorldWideWeb )

Please click the link below to see the PDF format.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/93479130

Do comment for any correction and addendum.
Thanks.
Regards.
Dr. S. Sree Kumar

1 comment:

  1. I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis or Chronic Lyme Disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.
     Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with a godly heart. Well - everything I decided all went through for me and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.comWhatsapp Number....+2348149277967        

    ReplyDelete